Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Little Things

I love feeling proud of myself for being able to buy basic things. Today i ventured into the next town down a few miles down the road to buy among other things, an umbrella and laundry soap. It's amazing how accomplished I felt after being able to achieve such a small task. The thing is that it isn't a small task here. Stores are organized under some kind of crazy system and they look more like crowded closets then stores-kind of like the closet at the end of the hall at Mom and Dads house, that would be a perfect indian store. So one closet may only sell lightbulbs, one sells shoes and umbrellas, another only metal lunch pails. The umbrella was easy but the soap not so. It ended with everyone in the store, including other customers pulling things off of the shelf that they thought i wanted, scrub brushes, bars of soap, lotion until finally "washing powder". I'm glad to be such a source of amusment to everyone here.
I

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your trip is really turning to an adventure. Katie and I can't wait to read more. Keep having fun.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Seriously! mom and dad's "mystery closet" is a great comparison.

What the hell is in that closet anyway? Maybe that's where dad keeps the plastic indian santa.

materialsgirl said...

I am glad you are keeping up with this blogging thing and that you are alive after taking a taxi, which completely sounds like a life rising task. I am proud of you also for you little accomplishments!!! How are your cooking classes? And so you know we all find as a sourse of entertainment as well. PS. this is casey, materialsgirl is my blogger name. I'm a dork.