Friday, July 6, 2007

Into the Great Blue Yonder

Tomorrow I am leaving to center to start my real travel adventures. And just in time too, i was begining to get bored with the routine. I'm heading to Kochi tomorrow and then Madurai, Trichy and Pondicherry- a few days on the beach and then up to Hampi and Hyderabad. I am dying to work in Varanasi on this trip but I think realistically time-wise it's not going to happen. Joshua will be meeting me in Delhi (yahoo!) and together we are going to Rajastan and Agra.
I'm so curious to see other parts of India, it is very conservative here so I am expecting some pretty big differences in the cities.
My Hinidi teacher has been very candid with me about her marriage and the place of women in this state(she's from Mumbai and is trying to adjust to being a domestic doormat). She is a huge admirerer of Joshua-from my stories about him...she is always saying "you are a very lucky girl" Today i answered with "I think that he's pretty lucky too" and she said "No, no i know your character-you are more lucky then him". This in response to my short hair-she's dying to cut hers but is not allowed.
For my last singing class I will be learning a song which "has the power to lower blood pressure". I'll let you all know if it works.
I started ironing my saris today- as a prepacking task and it is ridiculous, they are 6 meters long and the iron only has a 2.5 ft cord, and no ironing board. I will definetly find someone to pay to do it next time.
I can't believe I have been here for a month already and can't wait to see what happens next....

3 comments:

60.0843 said...

I am very lucky.
I cannot wait to see you.

60.0843 said...

You can also tell her that I think your short hair is very cute.

Anonymous said...

yay!

i haven't heard from my friends in pondy but i'll email again.

yay for fun adventures and josh!

(and for lowering blood pressure!)