Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Four Days til Bombay


Four days til take off and i'm as unprepared as can be expected!

The Plan:
I'll be landing in Mumbai late on the 4th, braving the insanity of the taxi queues to get into downtown for the night.
http://www.benazeerhotelmumbai.com
Tuesday morning :catch a train down to Alleppey in Kerala (Southwest coast) a 30 hour ride (thought I would immerse myself right off the bat). I'm looking forward to the 10 cent samsosas through the train windows. yum yum.
From
June 7th-July 7th i'll be studying cooking, hindi, dance, yoga, martial arts etc... at this cultural center:
http://www.vijnanakalavedi.org
After that a month of travel, anyone who wants to join me is more then welcome!
Wish me luck and let me know what color sari you want!
Namaste!

5 comments:

tobuhitsuji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tobuhitsuji said...

Hello Janice!!

Loooooooooong tim
e no see!
This is yuka who was a superwoman in U.S. 2001. Do you remember me? :D
You're going to India? Cool!! I hope you'll have great time! Please teach me how to the dance when we see someday!

Say hello to your family!
I miss you!!
yuka

Anonymous said...

yay!
i love my india....

i will miss you dearly.

hi yuka!!!!

tobuhitsuji said...

Awwwww!!!
Kathy!!
I love Family Jakielski!!
I'd like to visit again someday!!

yuka :)

elviss said...

show me the haircut!